Are you ready? Start of term resources for new and returning students
Welcome back! We hope you had a restful summer and now feel re-energized for the start of the Fall semester.
Classes begin on Tuesday, September 7th, and your courses should start appearing in SLATE anytime between now and Tuesday morning.
As you prepare for the start of school next week, below are a few tips:
- Start familiarizing yourself with SLATE: Explore the virtual communities you are a part of, explore your courses, watch this SLATE video guide.
- Look through the content specifically for First Year students by clicking the icon to your right “New Students – Start Here!”
- Review the New Student Checklist to ensure you are on track!
- Missed Orientation? No worries! Review the recorded Succeeding @ Sheridan Workshops
- Start reviewing your course material in SLATE– check announcements, course outlines, professor contact information and more!
- Get familiar with Sheridan Services and Supports! Didn’t have time to visit the virtual Career Centre? Or attend a ‘Learning 2 Learn’ workshop last semester? Explore what’s going on this term and get started on the right foot!