Spring Open House a success
By Cathryn Oliver (with files from Andreas Agung Ponvia, Sheridan OTR)
Attendee feedback from the virtual PSB Open House has been overwhelmingly positive.
Here are just some of the comments and insights from prospective students about their experience via the Hopin platform on Saturday, March 27:
• I had so much fun! As a future student, my excitement level grew after meeting the students and the faculty. Each booth was organized well and the hosts were very kind to answer our questions.
• I like how helpful the teacher was. He provided a lot of insight on the course. I am very impressed. I don’t think there is anything to improve on because it was already a 5/5 virtual fair!
• I loved the interactions and enthusiasm from the profs! It was really exciting and the experience was so thoughtful. Thank you!
• It was good having the support of the lecturers and program coordinators and getting some direct responses to things I was uncertain about.
• All the Sheridan representatives were very helpful throughout the Virtual Spring Open House. I had not even a shadow of doubt that anything needs to be improved upon. Looking forward to Sheridan!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!
• I liked talking to teachers in my field of study and the specific program I’m interested in. And I love the virtual space Sheridan used to host their virtual open house.
• I loved the presentation and how active the faculty was and the campus experience seminars were fun. I loved how we could chat with the students and get insights. It makes me incredibly excited for September 2021.
• I have been impressed time and time again at how incredibly well Sheridan has managed to adapt to COVID-19 restrictions and regulations; they have offered so many wonderful (and not to mention virtual) supports for incoming students such as myself. I think that other schools should take a page out of Sheridan’s book. Events such as these have been what made Sheridan my top choice. It is a college that certainly cares a lot about its student body. All in all, I have come out of both of these two open houses feeling thrilled and excited at the prospect of attending this college. I can’t wait.
A special thank you to PSB colleagues for their role in making the virtual Open House such a meaningful experience:
Nellie Van Bruggen
Cathryn Oliver is an Associate Dean in PSB, and Andreas Agung Ponvia is the Manager, Student Recruitment, OTR