#PSBReelTalks: Showcase your remote learning experience in this classroom social media contest
At the Pilon School of Business we always strive to provide you with exceptional learning experiences. We appreciate the transition to remote learning hasn’t always been easy. Besides the technical challenges, you have also been learning how to learn in a remote environment, and you have to interact with your peers and professors differently. From experiencing bandwidth, Wi-Fi, and other computer-related technical difficulties to being introduced to our new favourite phrase, “you’re on mute,” the virtual classroom has become an integral part of our lives.
In support of our continued efforts to build community and learn with and from one another, we invite you to share your remote experiences through #PSBReelTalks. Through this Classroom Social Media Contest, we are challenging each class in the Pilon School of Business to creatively showcase one or more remote learning experiences using Instagram Reels. Whether you’re recreating a funny moment from your class, sharing an “a-ha moment” or imaging your ideal virtual classroom, we want to know what it’s like to be part of your class.
Each class that enters the contest will have a chance to win an Exclusive 1-hour Virtual Roundtable Session with our namesake and CEO of Virox Technologies, Randy Pilon!1
What You Need to Do:
- Create a maximum 30-second video showcasing your remote learning experience in your class2.
- Make sure to include as many classmates as possible in each class and be sure to include your professor.
- All audio must be embedded in the video prior to submission2.
- Have your professor submit the video by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The submission deadline for this contest is April 1, 2021.
How to Win:
- Follow @SheridanBusiness on Instagram.
- Like and share your video during the voting period, starting on April 5, 20213.
- The Instagram Reel on the PSB’s Instagram (@SheridanBusiness) that receives the highest number of likes will win an Exclusive 1-hour Virtual Roundtable Session with Randy Pilon.
For any questions or concerns, please email: email@example.com
1. Contest Period and Rules: All eligible entries will be accepted between March 8, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. EST and April 1, 2021 at 10:00 p.m. EST. Limit one entry per class.
All videos must be submitted by the Professor of your class via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Videos submitted by a student will not be accepted. In such cases, students will be advised to have the Professor submit on their behalf in order to be considered an official submission.
The Pilon School of Business reserves the right to disqualify any submission that is deemed unprofessional or inappropriate.
Each class may only win one (1) Virtual Roundtable Session, which will be 1-hour in length and scheduled at the end of April.
2. Video Submission Requirements: All videos must be filmed using a portrait orientation (with the image being taller than it is wide) and saved in an MP4 format. Videos can be a minimum of 15-seconds in length but no longer than 30-seconds. All audio, including music, must be embedded in the video prior to submission.
3. Voting Period and Winner Announcement: Videos submitted according to contest rules will be posted on the PSB Instagram page on April 5, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. EST, where you will be able to like and share until April 8, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. EST. The winner will be selected and announced on April 9, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. EST.
By participating in the #PSBReelTalks Classroom Social Media Contest, you give the Pilon School of Business permission to publish your video on its social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and blog.
**This contest is not sponsored or associated with Instagram in anyway.