HRPA Mentorship Program: Information Session
HRPA Peel Chapter is proud to announce the annual Mentorship Program for the 2015/2016 year.
The Mentorship Program provides the opportunity for HR Students (protégés) to gain knowledge from more experienced HR Professionals (mentors).
Your participation in the Mentorship Program helps to promote and enhance the HR profession in Peel region by providing networking opportunities and a welcoming environment to those new to the HR profession, and to enhance a new graduate’s practical knowledge of the field.
Who can be a Mentor?
Any active HRPA, Peel chapter member in good standing, with a minimum of 3 years professional experience in the human resources field.
Benefits of Mentoring For Mentors
- Provides an opportunity to develop teaching, coaching and leadership skills
- Creates new networks for their own personal or professional development
- Provides a forum to develop new talents and broaden base of skills
- Develops a sense of satisfaction and pride in knowing you have helped another person
- Encourages personal growth, confidence and maturity
- Can provide opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Hours of mentoring contributes points towards your Designation recertification
Who can be a Protégé?
Any active HRPA, Peel chapter member in good standing, who is still an HR Student, entering the HR profession, new to Ontario or is advancing to a higher level HR position.
Benefits of Mentoring For Protégés
- Development of a relationship that fosters guidance and support for an extended period of time
- An increase in self-confidence and self esteem
- Provision of encouragement to go further, take risks, set goals, and work toward concrete plans
- Provision of a forum or outlet for exchange of ideas, plans and goals
- Provides a friendly and forum to express fears, expectations, challenges and hopes in a non-judgmental professional relationship
- Provides access to real world skills through people who have experienced similar challenges in life and or work environment
Location: Sheridan College HMC Campus
Date: Thursday, November 19, 2015
Time: 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
If you have any questions, please contact Ravneet Kaur.