Eating on the Edge Challenges You to live on the #PeelPovertyDiet for 48-hrs
From October 14 to October 16, the United Way of Peel and Sheridan College are challenging you to live on the #PeelPovertyDiet for 48-hrs. Over the 48-hrs participants are encouraged to see how long they make the typical assortment of goods that a food bank user would receive last.
Below is a list of items you can consumer over the 48-hr period:
- 1 juice box (250ml) or small container of milk (250ml)
- 1 small can of soup (10oz/284ml)
- 1 package of instant oatmeal (43g)
- 1 of the following source of protein (175g tin of tuna or 175g tin of chicken or 1 egg or 3 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 small tin of fruit or vegetable (8oz)
- 1 small potato or 1 small onion
- 1 granola bar
- In addition you may choose five non-food pantry items (i.e. coffee, tea, salt, pepper, seasoning, vinegar, honey, flour, sugar, oil) to use in addition to the above items
*No accepting freebies during the 48hrs!*
If this is all you had to eat for 48hrs, would you last? Take the challenge and try the #PeelPovertyDiet. Register your team or individually at unitedwaypeel.org/peelpovertydiet or join the Sheridan Business team.
The first 20 people to sign up before October 9th 5pm and fill out the Eating on the Edge form will receive a 48-hrs Tool Kit that includes a variety of food items you can eat during the event.