Sheridan and HalTech present Entrepreneurship 101 webinar September 26 at E 207c Trafalgar campus
Sheridan College and HalTech present a free Entrepreneurship 101 webinar for Sheridan faculty and students on Wednesday, September 26 from 5:45 to 7:15 pm in room E207c Applied Research Collaboration Centre.
- About HalTech: HalTech is one of the fourteen Regional Innovation Centres that make up the Ontario Network of Excellence.
- HalTech’s Mission is to act as a catalyst for innovation and commercialization by delivering services to help Halton based enterprises start, grow and thrive. They offer specialized advisory services, access to networks, training and knowledge exchange, as well as access to capital, private and government.
- About Sheridan Applied Research & Innovation: Sheridan Applied Research and Innovation strives to be a catalyst to transfer knowledge and expertise from the College to advance industrial and digital development into commercial success and to enhance curriculum by ensuring that it is relevant and current to employer needs.
- About MaRS: MaRS is where science, technology and social entrepreneurs get the help they need. Where all kinds of people meet to spark new ideas. And where a global reputation for innovation is being earned, one success story at a time.
- MaRS offers a free, non-credit introductory course on entrepreneurship that introduces individuals to the nuts and bolts of building a business.
- Entrepreneurship 101 is MaRS’ flagship free weekly lecture series featuring enlightening lectures on key topics related to starting a successful business, aimed at social innovators, technology and life sciences researchers and trainees.
- Entrepreneurship 101 lectures cover a diverse range of introductory business topics including funding your business, marketing, recruiting, intellectual property and more.
- The course culminates in a business plan pitch competition called the Up-Start! Competition, in which selected participants compete for a $10,000 prize.
- Entrepreneurship 101 will do a live stream-in to Sheridan College to encourage students and Faculty to engage in Entrepreneurship.
- The live webinar will take place at the Trafalgar Campus in E207c from 6-7 pm.
- Enjoy some complimentary pizza and pop immediately after the webinar!
To register, please visit: www.haltech.ca